Monday 28 November 2016

Bimbi Philips talks about people who have made it difficult for him in the industry on the Beats London Afrobeats takeover show


Bimbi with humour makes some very clear statements I think people should take seriously.

  • I am not a UK Afrobeats artist, I am a Tribe Urban artist
  • You don’t have to be called a UK Afrobeats artist to win the MOBOs
  • I respect artists like Burna Boy who break new music
  • My management used to tell me to ditch House music
  • I was heavily influenced by Plantashun Boiz
In an interesting and laid back interview with the Beats London 103.6fm presenters; DBoy Dayo and Selecta Maestro, Bimbi says he is going to shock people while being conformable disregarding the pressure. He also explains how he got into House music and thanked everyone who helped him break his style of music.
Watch and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment